Please be aware of the following information:
- Holidays during term time are not permitted. Please see Shelley Pyramid attendance policy.
- The school day starts at 8:55am prompt.
- Pupils are expected to attend school on time every day.
- If pupils are late they must sign in at reception.
- Three lates in one half term will result in a detention.
All absences must be authorised by parents/carers, so please notify us of absences daily on 01484 222737 or email email@example.com and report a reason for continued absence.
If a child is absent and we haven’t been informed why, school will:
- Telephone/text parents/carers on the first day of absence if we have not heard from them by 10.00am.
- Attempt a home visit if there is no response to initial contact. If there is still no response, school will ring 101 to report the absence to the police.
- Overall attendance will be closely monitored by the Pastoral Team.
- If your child’s attendance falls below our expectations you will be contacted.
- Invite parents/carers in to school to discuss the situation with our Pastoral Team and/or a member of the Senior Leadership Team if absences persist.
- Refer the matter to the Local Authority Attendance and Pupil Support Service; if attendance falls below 85%