Kirklees Council has circulated the information below relating to claiming free school meals. This relates only to new applicants therefore those already on free school meals need not apply.
Applications can be made online: Kirklees Council - Free School Meals or by telephoning 01484 221928. Please contact school if you would like help making an application for free school meals.
Who can receive free school meals?
Children and young people who live in Kirklees who:
- attend full time at a local authority school or sixth form
- are under 19 years of age
and whose parents or carers receive one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but are not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and your annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) is less than £16,190
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit